I would like to take the opportunity to welcome you all to Stanhope Primary School, ours is a small school with big ambitions for all of our children. We are a friendly, safe school which values all of our children and encourages them to reach their full potential.
Our Governing body, works closely with Mrs Martin, Mr Rogers and all of the staff to set high expectations in teaching and learning, outcomes for our children and the highest standard of behaviour across our school.
We have had some changes in membership recently and have vacancies for 2 co-opted governors and will shortly be advertising for a parent governor. Anyone who would like more information can contact myself at the email address below, or the school for more information.
Our three strategic functions as set out by the Government and the Department for Education are:
1 Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2 Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
3 Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The key issues that have faced us over the last year are:
- The appointment of a new Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
- Set and manage the budget with very strict constraints
- Continue to monitor and evaluate pupil progress ensuring we make good progress throughout the curriculum across both Key Stages.
- Made appropriate challenges that ensure Leadership and Management are at the highest level supporting staff with training and development.
Composition of the Governing Body
1 Head Teacher
2 Parent Governors
1 Staff Governor
7 Co-opted governors
1 Local Authority Governor
1 Associated Member
Members of the Governing Body
Cllr Anne Hetherington LEA Governor – Chair
Mrs Harriet Judd Parent Governor – Vice Chair
Mrs Lesley Martin Head Teacher
Mr John Hetherington Co-opted Governor – Chair of Resources
Mrs Jane Thompson Co-opted Governor
Mrs Gayle Boardman Staff Teacher Governor
Mrs Abbi Adair Co-opted Governor
Mr Douglas Mather Co-opted Governor
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
Our SIP, is a 3 year plan and is written in co-operation with the Head Teacher and Senior Leaders and Governors. It is based on Self Evaluation priorities identified from data analysis and Ofsted priorities. The plan is an evolving document and is regularly reviewed at our Termly meetings, I meet with the Senior Leadership Team regularly to review progress to inform our termly meetings.
The current areas of priority are:
- To raise attainment of reading throughout the school, with particular focus on developing skills of inference and deduction
- To review and develop effective roles for all staff in school
- To embed an effective Assessment and Tracking System in school
- To ensure high quality provision for the Early Years Foundation Stage
Actions from Ofsted June 2014 still remain a focus in school.
Chair of Governors